Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Last 2 Months

It's been a good two months since I last blogged. So where have I been? To quote a John Reuben song, "Hey man, I hadn't been nowhere - I've just been marinatin', seranatin', percolatin' in the lab." To be honest, it's been a full two months that I've been at a whole lot of other things...

I could write about how much I've been doing at camp. I have completed 4 or 5 videos and that is always a time consuming but very rewarding process. I have done a lot of spring cleaning in my computer, my desk, my office - I sorted the 300 or so video tapes I have accumulated through the years. And with summer camp right upon us, I am enjoying my final weekend.

I could write about the movies and TV I have seen of late. I watched Transformers - some of the greatest special effects ever combined with the worst scripting and plotting. Taken - a very good movie which did highlight a big problem in this world in sex trafficking. You don't mess with Liam Neeson. Star Trek - oh how amazing Mr. Abrams is at making a good movie! Within the first few minutes, I was already convinced I was watching the best Star Trek movie I had ever seen. And then there is Lost - it was an incredible season and I am going to be struggling to wait these next several months just for the Season 5 Blu Ray set, not to mention the final season.

I could write about the music I have been listening to lately. Jars of Clay released their new album in April - the Long Fall Back to Earth. I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't care for them going synthetic and such, but I love it! There are so many elements in each of their songs that it is just pure sonic overload. My favorites are "Two Hands", "Heaven", and "Hero". If there's one thing you can expect from Jars of Clay, they never put out two albums that sound the same. Their body of work is really diverse and they have been great at every turn. I also just purchased Mat Kearney's City of Black and White. The hip-hop is gone! No matter - it's simply great vocals and good songs from the west coast guy. So smooth and wonderful to listen to.

I could write about my new favorite video game - Super Mario Galaxy. It is everything I could ever hope for in a game - hours of great game play, challenges that both frustrate and delight when conquered, absolutely gorgeous visuals, a wonderful orchestral soundtrack, and a playback value that can't be beat. This is the Mario game to top all Mario games.

I could write about the books I am reading right now - Be Victorious by Warren Wiersbe, The Prophetic History of Christendom by R. K. Campbell, and Seeking and Savoring Jesus Christ by John Piper. The first two were given to me by an elder at my church to help me as our church is studying the Revelation of Jesus Christ currently. The third is for my personal interest. All are good reads at the moment.

I could write about the fact that my brothers and I are actually looking to buy a house. We have visited several already and are prepared to look at another tomorrow. We are keying in one, but we are getting second opinions about it. I dread the thought of moving all my things, but the idea of investing in something like a house right now is nearly irresistable.

I could write about all these different things...and apparently, I just did. The last two months have been an absolute whirlwind, but that is the life God has granted me and I quite honestly have enjoyed them. Perhaps I will take the time to write more on these individual items in the future, but I want to get to one of my favorite activities this weekend - sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment